WHO WE ARE...
We are a cohort of student leaders dedicated to
WHAT WE DO...
Our organization focuses on…
WHAT THEY SAY...
What do past members have to say about their experience?
APFA was a family away from home that showed me love, support, and encouragement! I was able to connect with other students who had a passion for A&M and its values, while also meeting families and parents who left their mark on the university. This organization provided me with new friendships, allowed me to see the Aggie Network in action, and gave me opportunities to learn and grow as a person.
APFA has been one of my favorite things about my experience at Texas A&M. The camaraderie between the Leads and the members paired with the opportunities to interact with the families and students of Texas A&M has fostered so many fond memories!
Interested in Joining?
Come to one of our Info Sessions and learn more about who we are!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assisting in the planning and development of Family Weekend events.
- Supporting marketing and promotional efforts to encourage attendance, including monthly tabling events and Family Weekend social media.
- Promoting Family Weekend to Student Organizations.
- Assisting in the setup and execution of Family Weekend events.
- Providing guidance to families to help them understand the schedule of events and how to make the most of their experience at Texas A&M Family Weekend.
- Mingling with families and answering questions during Family Weekend events.
The Aggie Parent & Family Connection
The Parent and Family Connection provides assistance, programs and services for parents and family members of Texas A&M undergraduate students. The Aggie Parent and Family Connection is open to all Aggie Families. As an Ambassador you will interact with the Connection in the following ways:
- Mingling with families and answering questions during events
- Assisting with logistics, including stuffing bags, prepping materials, etc.
Parents of the Year
- Serving on the committee for selection of new POY
- Attending any POY events, including reveal and POY weekend in the fall
- Interacting with the Aggie Parent & Family Advisory Council
- Assisting with Parent & Family specific communication initiatives
- Occasional lifting and carrying of objects under 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of the university
- Ability to answer questions and address concerns
- Good academic and conduct standing with the university
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality customer service
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to multi-task and stay on task in a hectic work environment
- Love for Texas A&M and the Aggie Family
The students chosen to serve as Aggie Parent & Family Ambassadors will:
- Improve their communication, leadership, and customer service skills
- Gain valuable work experience with a highly visible, dynamic team
- Network with Texas A&M administrators, staff, new students, and families
- Enhance their interpersonal skills
- Gain experience working in a student-friendly office setting
- Enhance event management and coordinating skills