New Student & Family Programs Travel Request Policy
Many organizations request a speaker from New Student & Family Programs to be present at events and meetings they are hosting. Our presentation includes a brief overview of the Student Life department, a description of the functions of New Student & Family Programs (New Student Conferences, Howdy Week, Family Weekend, other Parent and Family Programming, etc.), and an overview of frequently asked questions of Texas A&M resources and services. We can tailor presentations to fit the specific needs of the audience.
- New Student & Family Programs staff are available without compensation for speaking engagements within approximately 180 miles of College Station, TX.
- If an event ends after 8 pm, overnight accommodation may be requested.
- While not required, donations are appreciated.
- In order to travel more than 180 miles from College Station, compensation is requested in the form of lodging, meals, and travel reimbursement.
- New Student & Family Program’s ability to travel is dependent upon staff availability and requested compensation.
- Although our preference is to be present at events, there is a possibility to do presentations via Zoom if needed.
Each speaking engagement is considered on a case-by-case Please submit requests 30 days prior to your event.
Please note: due to the New Student Conferences, the availability of the New Student & Family Programs staff during the summer months (mid-May through mid-August) is limited.