New Student & Family Programs Travel Request Policy
Many organizations request a speaker from New Student & Family Programs to be present at events and meetings they are hosting. Our presentation includes a brief overview of the Offices of the Dean of Student Life, a description of the function and programs of New Student & Family Programs (New Student Conferences, Howdy Week, Parent and Family Programming, etc), and general University FAQ. Generally, we are able to tailor programs to fit the specific needs of the audience as long as it is specified in the request.
For event requests within 180 miles of College Station:
- New Student & Family Programs staff are available without compensation for speaking engagements within approximately 180 miles of College Station, TX.
- If an event ends after 8 pm, overnight accommodations may be requested.
- While not required, donations are appreciated.
For event requests more than 180 miles from College Station:
- In order to travel more than 180 miles from College Station compensation is requested in the form of lodging, meals, and mileage/travel reimbursement.
- New Student & Family Program’s ability to travel is dependent upon requested compensation.
- Although our preference is to be present at events, there is a possibility to do presentations via Skype if needed.
Each speaking engagement is considered on an individual basis. Please submit requests 30 days prior to your event.
Please note: due to the New Student Conferences, the availability of the New Student & Family Programs staff during the summer months (mid-May through mid-August) is limited.