NSC en Español 2023 Student Interpreters
The NSCe Student Interpreter's assist and support New Student & Family Programs staff with the NSCs en Español program during the Summer. Please find below the full position description and application form.
Applications will be open from Friday, March 10th - Wednesday, March 29th at 11:59pm
NSCe Student Interpreter Application
New Student Conferences:
- Live interpretation of programming (scripted and non-scripted)
- Answering questions in English and Spanish at the New Student Conference Help Desk
- Hosting NSC en Español sessions
- Assisting with family/guest check-in and on-site registration
- Represent Texas A&M University, Student Life and New Student & Family Programs as it relates to the Core Values, Honor Code, behavioral contract and organizational constitution.
- Be a role model for the NSCe Interpreters and incoming students.
- Be professional, flexible, dependable, responsible, energetic and punctual.
- Provide administrative support for programs and the NSFP office.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of objects under 50lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Full-time enrolled student in good academic/conduct standing
- Broad knowledge of the university and love for Texas A&M and the Aggie Family
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English and Spanish required)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to high-quality customer service
- Ability to function as an effective team member
- Commitment to promoting cultural diversity and an inclusive environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Prior campus involvement in clubs, organizations or other campus roles
Commitment to individual training and NSCe interpreter training is essential to success in this position. Interpreters commit to working Summer NSCs (May-August) with the option to return for January conferences. Hour vary between 15-20 hrs/week (during weeks in the summer with New Student Conferences). Below are in the New Student Conference dates for 2023 and NSCe Training Dates.
- $10 per hour
- Most meals provided during NSC sessions
- NSC uniform: Staff polos & nametag
Through involvement as an NSCe Interpreter, student employees will:
- Gain skills in this position that will aid them in their future career goals.
- Effectively share their Texas A&M University experience with students and families.
- Effectively communicate interpersonally and in written form, as appropriate to their
- Implement inclusive practices when working with diverse individuals. Inclusive practices
are actions that welcome and support people from all groups, including the multiplicity of
their identities and characteristics (Strayhorn, 2019).
- Make effective decisions which result in quality customer service.