An Exciting Leadership Opportunity
The office of New Student & Family Programs recognizes that the families of our students play an important role in the university community. We believe by involving them in campus activities and informing them about campus resources, we can positively impact undergraduate student success. Aggie Parent & Family Ambassadors are a cohort of student leaders dedicated to selflessly serving the Aggie Family through fellowship and networking with fellow student leaders, as well as building, perpetuating and sharing what makes the Aggie Family so special.
The Ambassadors are representatives of New Student & Family Programs who seek to provide exceptional Aggie Family experiences. The Aggie Parent & Family Ambassadors get to be involved in some of Texas A&M's greatest traditions such as selecting the Parents of the Year annually and Family Weekend. Through this the Ambassadors develop leadership skills, cultivate relationships, and cultivate a deeper love for the University all while having fun! New Student & Family Programs will select up to 24 current students to serve as Aggie Parent & Family Ambassadors (APFA).
Interested in learning more about what the Aggie Parent & Family Ambassadors are all about?
Interested in applying? Learn more about the Ambassadors and future recruitment seasons by following us on Instagram @apfa_tamu
For more information, email email@example.com
APFA gets involved with some really exciting things on campus! For more information, see below!
- Assisting in the planning and development of Family Weekend events.
- Supporting marketing and promotional efforts to encourage attendance, including monthly tabling events and Family Weekend social media.
- Promoting Family Weekend to Student Organizations.
- Assisting in the setup and execution of Family Weekend events.
- Providing guidance to families to help them understand the schedule of events and how to make the most of their experience at Texas A&M Family Weekend.
- Mingling with families and answering questions during Family Weekend events.
The Aggie Parent & Family Connection
The Parent and Family Connection provides assistance, programs and services for parents and family members of Texas A&M undergraduate students. The Aggie Parent and Family Connection is open to all Aggie Families. As an Ambassador you will interact with the Connection in the following ways:
- Mingling with families and answering questions during events
- Assisting with logistics, including stuffing bags, prepping materials, etc.
Parents of the Year
- Serving on the committee for selection of new POY
- Attending any POY events, including reveal and POY weekend in the fall
- Interacting with the Aggie Parent & Family Advisory Council
- Assisting with Parent & Family specific communication initiatives
- Occasional lifting and carrying of objects under 25 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Broad knowledge of the university
- Ability to answer questions and address concerns
- Good academic and conduct standing with the university
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality customer service
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to multi-task and stay on task in a hectic work environment
- Love for Texas A&M and the Aggie Family
The students chosen to serve as Aggie Parent & Family Ambassadors will:
- Improve their communication, leadership, and customer service skills
- Gain valuable work experience with a highly visible, dynamic team
- Network with Texas A&M administrators, staff, new students, and families
- Enhance their interpersonal skills
- Gain experience working in a student-friendly office setting
- Enhance event management and coordinating skills